- BSc in Computer Science, December 1999 – University of Ijuí – UNIJUI-RS
- MSc in Computer Science, March 2002 – Institute of Computing, University of Campinas (UNICAMP), under the supervision of Prof. Edmundo R. M. Madeira.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering area, November 2006 – Department of Computer Engineering and Industrial Automation (DCA) at the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering (FEEC) under the supervision of Prof. Maurício Magalhães and Prof. Edmundo R. M. Madeira (from IC).
- Post-doc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering area, Nov 2006 – Jan 2009, at FEEC, UNICAMP, under the supervision of Prof. Maurício Magalhães. Funded by FAPESP.
- Post-doc in Computer Science, March 2021 – Feb 2022, at KTH, Sweden, under the supervision of Prof. Marco Chiesa. Funded by CNPq/SAAB.
I am an Associate Professor at Federal University of São Carlos (UFSCar), Campus Sorocaba.
I am always looking for enthusiastic Master, PhD and Post-doc students wanting to work with SDN, cloud, network monitoring, dataplane programmability, chaining, 5G/6G and slicing. If you are interested in working with some of those research fields, send me a message (verdi[at]ufscar.br) so that we can book a talk!
Network Management and Monitoring
Policy-based Network Management (PBNM) and Intent-based Networking
Internet routing, mobility and Next Generation Internet Architectures
Data Center, Cloud Computing, SDN, network programmability (e.g. P4), slicing, In-network computing.